Tuesday, October 7, 2008

unified theory the basis for absolute moral truth?

I know that the existence of a universal moral code is a debated topic, but as far as I can tell there seems to be quite a bit of evidence pointing to the fact that it exists. However, despite my inklings that the moral code is there I have no proof that would end the debate (nor does anyone).

I had been thinking about this when I was watching a TV show about black holes and in the program unified theory was brought up. Now, I suppose that not everyone would subscribe to the fact that there is a single unified force, but there are those who are searching for it. This idea that somewhere out there beyond our current knowledge there is some absolute idea that exists and we have but to discover it and name it seems to me to point back to the idea of a universal moral code.

Unified Theory seems to be saying that something out there beyond our existing knowledge is driving us and seems to be pointing to the idea that there is something that binds us all together in some way. Now, if there is a single force that exists everywhere in the Universe connect all living (and non-living) things doesn't it seem obvious that there would be a way in which we all would have to conduct ourselves?

Ultimately, this sounds a little bit like [I AM] to me.

1 comment:

Kimburley Sue said...

What's weird is that, for the most part, i was thinking about that same idea (more or less) while we were watching that black holes program. Well, it was actually more of me thinking that it is so crazy how God programmed every thing in the entire universe to be crazy connected and how it's so awesome that the more i learn, the less i know and the more i realize how indescribable God's love is.
Your articulate your thoughts so well. I wish I was more like you, sweetheart <3